Let's Get This Party Started

Share



Okay, so I am a day late... but when you hear me say Happy New Year, I mean it!  I didn't push myself to meet the calendar...to do so would be in the direct opposite of my goal.  The goal being HAPPINESS !

I would like some company. You know what they say about happiness shared...it gets doubled or something like that...
Anyhow, I imagine that we can collectively find and create more happiness in a group.  I have been inspired to take this trek by "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin.  I will be reading her book as one of my sources of inspiration. 

I have been entertaining this "happiness project" idea for more than 6 months..and maybe truthfully it's probably more like 9 months.  And as I kept floating this idea around in my head, I imagine I was looking for a sign to whether or not to "jump in" and see who I could drag into the water with me (this is where YOU come into the picture) ! When I am looking for a sign, I usually find it.  This specific sign was found in the check out aisle of Walmart no less.  It was actually taunting me.  The sign was dressed up on a Real Simple Magazine cover, "be happier this year..9 surprising strategies to get you there". How could I resist? I had purchased the Happiness Project book earlier this year, the fresh new 2011 calendar taunts me...seriously, what could hold me back?

I have added the link to the story from Real Simple magazine..a teaser to get us started...and you can see why it actually is a good time of the year (for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere) to help raise our mood. 

and let me make a quick disclaimer: This is my first attempt of making a blog, a blog page, blog blog blah blah..so expect mistakes, changes and whatnot...  - Susi



9 Easy Ways to Be Happier

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great start Susi. I am really looking forward to this.

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to some extra happiness!!

Post a Comment

About Me

“There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy. By being happy we sow anonymous benefits upon the world.” — Robert Louis Stevenson

Followers

Powered by Blogger.